Friday, January 27, 2023

Overwatch 2 Wants to Do FortniteStyle Crossovers

truth or dare fortnite codes

Watch popular content from the following creators: Fortnite is one of the most popular titles in the gaming community and we have the latest redeem codes available this month. Fortnite edition is fun and challenging.

Overwatch 2 announced that they're looking to take a page out of Fortnite's crossover book. What do they mean bu that.

Overwatch 2 fortnite crossover multiverse
Just... imagine Naruto in there somewhere. | © Blizzard

Overwatch 2 is not even out yet, and they're already talking about metaverse stuff? Already throwing Fortnite comparisons around, like they earned it? I don't know about you, but to me, Overwatch 2 is still a massive question mark, so when I hear the vice president Jon Spector claim he wants Fortnite-style crossovers... I don't know what to think.

Overwatch 2 Wants Fortnite-Style Metaverse

Talking to Game Informer, Spector let his ambitions and wishes for Overwatch 2 slip:

I'm a big anime nerd myself. I think it's super cool when I see Naruto appear in Fortnite. I don't even play Fortnite, but that's awesome. And as we look at the Overwatch 2 space, those are things that we're interested in exploring. If and when we do that, one of our key values is to do it in a way that feels like a great fit for the Overwatch franchise.

Ok... you had me at anime nerd. I love you now, Jon, but don't you dare use it as a buzzword - that better the truth of your deepest heart's desires... or something like that. If true, this sounds really, really cool, though I honestly never pegged Overwatch as crossover-ready. Overwatch has its own lore, with characters that are clearly defined. Unlike Fortnite, I don't know how Overwatch can fit a Goku or Naruto into its gameplay. I mean... every character has set abilities - they are not a blank canvas waiting to be given any appearance. Fortnite has the right set-up for cross-overs, Overwatch does not.

But hey... there's always room for surprises, and, at the end of the day, we might just be talking about simple skins for the existing characters (though that would be lame). And if Blizzard somehow finds a way to realistic have Naruto lunch a Rasengan... I'm all for it.

Overwatch 2 Wants to Do FortniteStyle Crossovers Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Fortnite Bux

0 Comments:

Post a Comment